Re: Re: GNUnet Monthly Meeting Sunday, 1st May, 8 PM CET

From: hyazinthe
Subject: Re: Re: GNUnet Monthly Meeting Sunday, 1st May, 8 PM CET
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 22:54:33 +0200

Haha, that's quite a nice idea.

What makes it interesting:
It has its charme:
What do governments on national and EU level, the majority of the population,
and the majority of parlamentarians and wannabes including their organizations
have in common? Facing personal experiences and considering scientific
evaluation finding it as practically pointless, all of them want to do away
with clock change at the beginning or end of daylight savings time. Yet, it
doesn't happen. 'Be the change, you want to see'—in general that's always a
good advice, especially in said absurd situation. Always sticking to CET would
do just that.

What makes it risky
That would introduce a mental appointment shift, provoking mistimings:
>From time to time, whenever people in Europe see the appointment information,
they either can take the time number '20' literal—in sync with all the clocks
around them—for their personal coordination to appear to the meeting just in
time, or they can't take the number literal, depending on
whether it indeed is CET currently, or not.
And people from other places of the world—always in need of converting the time
information to their local time—get pushed to convert to the current time by
prominent web site results—so, now to use CEST, and in winter to use CET.

Whatever the group decision will be, it certainly will be noted in the pad and
will be put into action.

Greetings,
Bastian Schmidt