Re: compiling gnunet 0.16.3 on openbsd

From: Nikita Ronja Gillmann
Subject: Re: compiling gnunet 0.16.3 on openbsd
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 11:30:05 +0200

Mikhail transcribed 77K bytes:
> checking for python3 version... 3.9
> checking for python3 platform... openbsd7
> checking for python3 script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python3.9/site-packages
> checking for python3 extension module directory...
> ${exec_prefix}/lib/python3.9/site-packages
I'm fairly positive that 3.9 should work, but I have yet to run the
full test-suite with my pkgsrc build.

> configure: WARNING: NSS plugin will not be build

> checking for extractor.h... no
> GNU libextractor not found, some features disabled
> configure: WARNING: libextractor not found, but various file-sharing
> operations require it
You might have to explicitly point to the directory prefix you
installed LE in, if it's installed.

> configure:
> Detected system
> ===============
>
> GNUnet version:                 0.16.3-7-ge6a0ea8cf
>
> Host Setup:                     aarch64-unknown-openbsd7.1
> Install Prefix:                 /usr/local
> Compiler:                       cc
> CFLAGS:                         -fPIC -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing
> -Wno-address-of-packed-member -Wno-tautological-constant-out-of-range-compare
> -I/usr/local/include
> CPPFLAGS:                       -I/usr/local/include
> LDFLAGS:                         -lc
> LIBS:                           -lm
> Build Target:                   openbsd
>
> Default Interface:              lo0
>
> sqlite3:                        yes
> MySQL:                          no
> PostgreSQL:                     no
>
> HTTP Client:                    curl-openssl
> Bluetooth:                      no
> iptables:                       no (DNS query interception might not work)
> ifconfig:                       yes
> UPnPc:                          no (NAT traversal might not work)
> GnuTLS:                         yes (with DANE support)
>
> LaTeX:                          yes
>
> libextractor:                   no
> libzbar:                        no
> libpng:                         no
> libidn:                         libidn2
> libopus:                        no (required to build conversation)
> libpulse:                       no (required to build conversation)
> gstreamer:                      no (required to build conversation)
>
> Java:                           no
>
> texi2mdoc:                      no
> mandoc:                         yes
>
> GNUnet configuration
> ====================
>
> Transports:                     tcp udp unix http
> Conversation:                   no
> Database Backends               sqlite
> Experimental Code:              no
>
> Texinfo Manual:                 yes
> Transpiled mdocml Manual:       no
>
> configure: WARNING: Please make sure NOW to create a user and group 'gnunet'
> and additionall a group 'gnunetdns'. Make sure that '/var/lib/gnunet' is
> owned (and writable) by user 'gnunet'.
> configure: To do this on this system, run:
> # addgroup gnunetdns
> # adduser --system --disabled-login --home /var/lib/gnunet gnunet
>
> configure: WARNING: Each user of GNUnet should be added to the 'gnunet' group
> configure: To do this on this system, run:
> # adduser USERNAME gnunet
> for each of your users, replacing 'USERNAME' with the respective login name.
> Users may have to login again for the changes to take effect.
> configure: For detailed setup instructions, type 'info gnunet' after the
> installation or visit https://docs.gnunet.org/

If you want to add/revive a port or what you call it for OpenBSD, take
a look at wip/gnunet in pkgsrc (or rather gnunet in pkgsrc-wip).  It's
not done yet, minor feature testing and file lists for FreeBSD and
Linux missing, and the rc scripts need some tweaking I can't figure
out on my own so far.