Re: Fwd: Re: What is the scheduler about?

From: Danny
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: What is the scheduler about?
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 18:00:27 +0000

Maybe I should have been a little more exact/clear in my wordings.
I don't mean every http request is handled in its own thread, I mean
all code that is executed for one particular request happens in the
same thread that it is assigned to.

Anyway, using one GNUNET_PROGRAM_run on each thread sounds
interresting. However, I'm still scratching my head how I could let
gnunet and the web server communicate, even for just one thread.

Both the web server and gnunet would be running in their own loop, so
they have to be on different threads as far as I know. I can dispatch
from gnunet to the webserver. But I'd like to be able to do the same
the other way around honestly.

I've been looking at https://github.com/canndrew/gnunet-rs , and I
don't really like their code, but I guess rewriting the service APIs
would be the way to go then. Then I'm not really stuck using the built-
in scheduler and I can just use unix domain sockets and have all the
freedom the world about how I use those sockets. :)

It's going to be a bit more work I guess, but I guess it will be worth
it.

Groetjes,
Danny