Re: Manually storing DHT content

From: Danny
Subject: Re: Manually storing DHT content
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 12:01:52 +0000

Hey Christian,

First of all thank you for the answer.

Actually, I'm thinking of creating a `social blog` application in which
friends connect to friends.
I was hoping for some way of ensuring persistence of content across a
(social) network. The friend peers could best be providing for the
storage of the content, doing away with the need of random unrelated
peers providing the storage.
The thing is, I'm expecting the content to be small text messages a lot
of the time.
I think the filesharing subsystem might be a little bit to much
overhead for this, considering that file blocks are 1024 bytes, and
there is a lot of functionality that I don't need for this.

Any ideas? Otherwise, I will probably have to create my own subsystem
for this I guess. I was just looking at DHT and hoping it would fit my
use case. If I had the ability to have the friend peers store the
content without the need of the originator of the content to be online,
I would have been there.

Thanks.
Danny