Re: Logging testbed started services

From: TheJackiMonster
Subject: Re: Logging testbed started services
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 15:07:32 +0100

Thanks,

I found the logs. The only problem was that they got deleted
automatically as soon as the testing system got destroyed. Maybe this
should be configured in the future or depend on the status of the test-
case.

I had to change the flag of the cleanup call in the shutdown_task(...)
of "src/testbed/gnunet-service-testbed.c" manually to GNUNET_NO.

GNUNET_TESTING_system_destroy (GST_context->system, /* GNUNET_YES */
GNUNET_NO);

However new tests won't cleanup logs from old ones. So maybe this work-
around-solution to get the logs isn't great either. Maybe the logs from
services could be redirected/copied to the test-case log or to a sub-
directory. (I won't upload this work-around.)

So I think there are a few points which should be changed when working
on the new test-system for TNG and other parts. If I'm done with the
messenger I will probably look into things to improve in the test-
system.

The messenger seems to work now for multiple peers by the way but I
need more test-cases to be sure. But it could be ready to use and moved
out of experimental in version 0.15.0.

-Jacki