GNUnet-jour-fixe: Debian/DPKG

From: Marcos Marado
Subject: GNUnet-jour-fixe: Debian/DPKG
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 18:35:18 +0100

Hi there,

While I haven't been attending to GNUnet's monthly mumble meetings, I
do appreciate how you create a public log of them: thank you!

On May's meeting, it is said, about the status of GNUnet's Debian package:

"Debian/DPKG: rexxnor wasnt able to get into contact to the debain
maintainers - the package is done but not in there"

Can someone please tell me in more detail what's the status on this?
As far as I know, the latest version available on Debian is 0.11.0,
but work to have 0.11.6 started by the maintainer[1].
There is an open issue for the update of the package[2], and in there
I linked to my own repository where I have been updating GNUnet
packages for debian, hoping the package maintainer will accept that
work and update the official packages[3]: currently 0.12.1 is packaged
in there (pull requests with the packaging of 0.12.2 are welcome, of
course).

I'd hate if this work is being duplicated, so if there is the same
packaging effort being made by someone else, somewhere else, I'd love
to hear about it!

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian/gnunet
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=929131
[3] https://github.com/marado/debian-gnunet