Re: Request for Feedback: new BIO API

From: Alessio Vanni
Subject: Re: Request for Feedback: new BIO API
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 21:31:38 +0200

Alessio Vanni <address@hidden> writes:
> Great! Then I'll (slowly, since it's rather big) change the rest of the
> codebase to account for the new API, then reply back to this
> conversation with the full patch (tests included of course.)

I finished moving all occurrences of BIO in the main codebase to the new
API.  In some cases I switched to the "spec" version, but to be honest
since I didn't know the majority of the changed files I kept a "low
profile" when making changes.  For fs_api.c in particular, some things
can definitely be improved but not knowing what is going on with the
code there (aside from some very easy snippets here and there) I avoided
changing too much.

Please review the attached patch: even though most changes are trivial,
with so many of them it's easy to accidentally add a bug somewhere.  The
patch includes both the new BIO API and the updates in the rest of the
code, so the part to review is actually smaller than it looks like.  I
also made a change to the float/double I/O, which needs a review too.

Thanks,
A.V.