How to enable special logging for a service?

From: Cy
Subject: How to enable special logging for a service?
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 12:17:51 -0700

I added this to ~/.config/gnunet.conf:

[fs]
OPTIONS = -L DEBUG -l $GNUNET_CACHE_HOME/fs-%Y-%m-%d.log

and... it did nothing. How do I set options for a service? Or how do I set up special logging for a service? I can't find anything in the reference manual about how to do it.

After following the configuration loading code for about 2 hours trying to understand it, I tried this:
[fs]
CONFIG = ~/.config/gnunet-fs.conf

and then in gnunet-fs.conf:
[arm]
OPTIONS = -L DEBUG -l $GNUNET_CACHE_HOME/fs-%Y-%m-%d.log
[fs]
OPTIONS = -L DEBUG -l $GNUNET_CACHE_HOME/fs-%Y-%m-%d.log

And arm did call gnunet-service-fs with -c ~/.config/gnunet-fs.conf but that still didn't start creating a debug log.