wrt translating the Satzung

From: ng0
Subject: wrt translating the Satzung
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 19:41:22 +0000

Subject: [GNUnet 0005933]: translate the eV satzung
https://bugs.gnunet.org/view.php?id=5933#c15080
Eh, no. That's a legal document. Doing a legally-binding translation is
virtually impossible, and there is also no need.

Okay, I am aware that this is not possible legally binding but:
- people who join GNUnet development have to understand the
  Satzung to be aware what they sign up for as developers,
  in addition to implied obligations and rights.
- having an inofficial, not legally binding, translation of the
  document can help non-German native speakers to understand
  the Satzung.
- Isn't this modeled closely to the CCC eV satzung (I remember
  sva guessing this) and this exists bilingual (de/en) iirc.

The scope of this issue was not to create a legally binding translation
but making people who don't speak or read German aware of the content
of the Satzung. I would've marked the translation as such, being a
description instead of a literal translation with binding nature.

If this is more clear, I will open the ticket again and add this.
Please ask if something isn't clear instead of assuming it is
not needed. I do not pick the need for this "translation" out of
thin air, I have been approached in the past about this.