Re: [GNUnet-developers] [Event-Mumble] Sunday 7th July, 8PM, on mumble g

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] [Event-Mumble] Sunday 7th July, 8PM, on mumble gnunet.org
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 21:06:54 +0000

sva transcribed 6.5K bytes:
> This happened today :)
>
> Glad to have seen some new "faces", happy to see you again next time!
>
> On 7/4/19 1:53 AM, sva wrote:
> > monthly get-together
> > at 8pm Central European time, at the following dates:
> >
> > 7th of July
> > 8th of August
> > 9th of September
> > 10th of October
> > 11th of November
> > 12th of December
> > ...and so on>> I've tried to collect all the upcoming (planned) events here:
> > https://md.darmstadt.ccc.de/gnunet-events
> >
> > For the mumble meets we started a pad:
> > https://pep.pad.foebud.org/GNUnet-jour-fixe
> > Please add your points there anytime during discussion or whenever else
> > you have the feeling there is anything that would be good to talk about!
>
> There are the notes from todays meet, and pasted below,
>
> cheers,
> sva.
>

> Notes: (also in the pad https://pep.pad.foebud.org/GNUnet-jour-fixe )
>
> start: 20:15
>  * report from the hackweek
>    * see https://md.darmstadt.ccc.de/gnunet
>  * status-update of the planned events / meets / get-togethers
>    * see https://md.darmstadt.ccc.de/gnunet-events
>    * how to make a public invitation for August-meet and Datenspuren?
>    * blogpost, twitter, info-ML?
>      * sva does that
>    * Anything else?
>      * reddit?
>  * status-update on the general documentation efforts
>    * see https://md.darmstadt.ccc.de/gnunet-doc
>    * continuing going through Olie's worklog (see here:
> https://md.darmstadt.ccc.de/gnunet-doc-use#)
>    * maybe moving over the c-totorial there
>    * making multiple chapters instead of one huuuge page?

I agree that this is not ideal.
This is just a matter of writing the right lines for the Makefile,
as mentioned before.

>      * its overwhelming on first contact
>      * we discussed this and we already starting walking a way fith
> /use.html and /install.html
>      * changing the layout to have it like docs.taler.net

Can we get to one statement here please? I told Christian I wanted something
like
docs.taler.net a year or so ago. Now Christian seems to favor multiple
subdomains, which is fine too. Can you please expand on what you have talked
about in the mumble?

Thanks :)

>  * status-update on the "how to use GNUnet" documentation
>    * see https://gnunet.org/en/use.html
>      * dht section?
>        * https://gitlab.com/dpwiz/gnunet/merge_requests/1/diffs
>    * setup a webserver to text if the vpn service worked well - and that
> one can try out GNS and VPN to some other webserver
>    * re:claim ID also for playing around, setting up webservice & using
> existing webservices:
>      * link to reclaim-page (to not have duplicates between different
> docs - https://reclaim-identity.io)
>  * status-update on TNG, and how to help it develop more quickly
>    * next step ist automated test cases for communicators
>    * found bugs in visual exploration, now find bug by testing :)
>    * develope a mock transport
>    * first test cases should be for the unix domain socket communicator;
> reason: not as complex as the other ones
>    * Plans for development of TNG?
>      * martin also has plans ;)
>  * status-update on website (xrs)
>    * Purpose?
>      * improve communication
>      * support processes like onboarding, development, help/support
>    * what has been done?
>      * design follows function: implementation of workflows
>      * review of texts
>      * add subnav on some pages (could be reused)
>      * redesign of bib.gnunet.org
>      * harmonized color scheme
>    * what is still open?
>      * contribute-site => rolebased guidance
>      * irc logbot => Matrix will solve the problem...
> https://riot.im/app/#/room/#gnunet.org:matrix.org s
>        * still open: the merge between IRC and matrix

Can you expand on this wrt to the meeting (matrix)?

>      * doxygen  => now done
>      * special forwardings => from pages that might have been linked at
> other places

This is a particular tricky one. I've solved the most important ones
by using html redirects, but as we are currently structure on the
admin side we can not satisfy all redirects without losing too much
time on them. It is important, but right now there is a blocker.

>      * update rss automatically
>      * translation to german+spanish => do NOT use /en/ in links! (fixed
> a few today...)

jinja2 has a variable for this, absolute URLs should only be used when it's
not the same domain.

>        *
> http://docs.zanata.org/en/release/user-guide/documents/raw-documents/
>        * could be helpful for translations...
>        * deadline for a "stable" version: end of august
>        * main languages: spanish, portuguese, german, russian
>      * remove stage.gnunet.org from search engines (robot.txt?)

It's rather optimistic that anyone respects robot.txt, I've been there
and done that, but we can try using robot.txt

>        * put in git under a different name (e.g. robot-gnunet.txt) and
> redirect for webserver => now done
>  * form tasked based, temporary teams or roles (xrs)
>    * Infrastructure
>      * What? Servers, Backup, Restore,
>      * Who? florian, lurchi, xrs
>    * CI, bringing back CI
>      * What? Martins proposal to use github.com; setup build bot?
> automated checks, automated build, supports release process, and tar-balls
>      * Who?  martin dvn
>      * Priority? medium to high
>      * When? autumn 2019
>    * Website
>      * What? See open points above.
>      * Who? sva xrs
>  * bringing back CI merged above
>  * GNUnet 0.11.6 release
>    * anything left that should be included?
>    * t3ss was working on CADET API changes
>    * nothing is open otherwise
>    * sva proposes to make a news-post on the events and the release
>    * release notes are still TBD - git-log will show what need to be in
> there.
>    * xrs will have a look at it - martin will also have a look at it
>  * Plans for development of TNG merged above
> End: 21:35

Thanks for the protocol.
I hope to be back sooner or later.