Re: [GNUnet-developers] Hello! (brief introduction and lots of questions

From: Olie Ayre
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Hello! (brief introduction and lots of questions)
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 15:23:48 +0000

Hello!

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions! "Late" or otherwise, they're
still helpful :)

The "pub-sub" approach makes a lot of sense. I think you explaining that sort
of helped it
click. So if I'm understanding correctly, the sort of core mechanism that would
power it all
would be a given ego being able to publish some event, say a status update.
That ego would
also be able to subscribe to other egos, and when the event is published, it
propagates
through the network, and any ego that is subscribed can receive it and
interpret it. That same
principle would then also be used at a peer level to sync egos between multiple
devices (as in
my 3rd question). Based on your answer to my 2nd question, it also seems that
you might have
multiple "pub-subs" per ego, and that would be how isolating different groups
for
communication would work? E.g. would I for instance have one pub-sub for me and
my friends,
then another for "shouting into the void" as it were, and then more individual
ones for each
individual I communicate with privately or in very small groups?

Cheers,
Olie.