Re: [GNUnet-developers] What are the privacy features (or anti-feature)

From: zig
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] What are the privacy features (or anti-feature) of the gnunet DHT and gnunet fs?
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2019 23:48:02 +0200

On 2019-03-30 15:47, Christian Grothoff wrote:
On 3/28/19 4:01 PM, address@hidden wrote:
I would like to build an application on top the DHT
and FS. I want to know what are the privacy features.

For instance, can someone know that I downloaded a
particular file? can someone know that I am sharing
a particular file?

I assume that also depends on how powerful is the adversary
and how much cover traffic my peer has.

It seems like search operation is done only with
anonymous level 0. Does it mean that other people
on the network can know what I am searching for?

That depends on the anonymity level and, ultimately, how powerful the
adversary is. At a level of 0, you have the least privacy (but at least
your search term is hashed before being transmitted to the DHT...), at
higher levels you use GAP-style anonymous routing

Can you point my to a particular paper in the bibliography [0] describing
that GAP-style anonymous routing, please?

[0] https://old.gnunet.org/bibliography

and > 1 require cover traffic to be available.

I would like to read more about this subject too.

Thanks in advance