Re: [GNUnet-developers] What are the privacy features (or anti-feature)

From: t3sserakt
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] What are the privacy features (or anti-feature) of the gnunet DHT and gnunet fs?
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 20:05:44 +0100

you asked for search operations, but it is the same for search.

On 28.03.19 20:02, t3sserakt wrote:
If you look into 'setting anonymity level' section of the gnunet-publish
man page, you see that level 1 (the default) 'you use the  standard
anonymous  routing  algorithm  (which does not explicitly leak your
identity).' A level greater 1 'increases the amount of cover traffic
your own traffic will get, at the  expense  of  performance', if you
like to make it harder for a powerful adversary to do traffic analysis.