Re: [GNUnet-developers] A Graph Database on top GNUnet (take two)

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] A Graph Database on top GNUnet (take two)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 14:45:34 +0100

On 3/23/19 2:43 PM, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> On 3/22/19 7:40 PM, amirouche wrote:
>>

>> It would rely on GNS and a TXT record to publish the gnunet fs URI of a
>> map of the
>> database of meme each identity or ego published. Think of this as some
>> kind web
>> sitemap.xml.
>
> Please do NOT use a TXT record. This part of what you describe fits what
> I had in mind for GNS/FS integration, but I would define a new record
> type, say GNUNET-FSURI or something like that.

Clarification/correction: we should probably call it GNUNET_FS_CHK or
something like that and NOT make it a URI but the binary encoding of the
information encoded in a FS URI. That's more efficient, and we can still
define the human-readable FS-URI encoding for the text representation.
That way we gain ~2x efficiency on the network, and the usability stays
pretty much the same.