[GNUnet-developers] make check-linters

From: ng0
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] make check-linters
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 22:02:54 +0000

Hi,

if you want to help improving the documentation (among other things)
I commited a first draft of make rules which produce log files you
can read and think about.

Not all rules are useful or complete yet (check-bashism requires
a files which is in a hardcoded location right now), but it's a start.

When you are on a recent commit, you can simply run 'make check-linters'
to get the whole lot of them.
check-bashism is what I'm working with right now, check for bash specific
code.
check-python runs flake8 and 2to3 if they exist and give you details
check-man runs a small linter I wrote a while ago which just uses
functions groff and mdoc already provide OOTB.
check-texinfo is far from complete but you have to read the Makefile
to understand what I'm checking for. Missing in the texinfo rule are
many thing, including using a headless emacs to run texinfo mode
checks, checks for tabs, etc...

As a cronjob this could look like this:

* * * * * cd /var/www/d.n0.is/pub/doc/gnunet/gnunet ; sh
contrib/gnunet_infrastructure/handbook_pull.sh; make clean; sh bootstrap; sh
configure --enable-documentation-only; make check-linters

with the caveat that you keep throwing the logs away iirc. Again,
early stages. It's just there to get a number of logs.'

Should probably go into the doc folder, eventually. At least some
of the rules.