Re: [GNUnet-developers] updates to a namepsace

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] updates to a namepsace
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 17:12:38 +0100

On 2/13/19 12:54 PM, Catonano wrote:

> Il giorno sab 9 feb 2019 alle ore 22:20 Catonano <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> ha scritto:
>
>     I managed to find the command line I need to publish my blog in a
>     namespace
>
>     My blog is a folder named "site"
>
>     This is the command line I reached
>
>     gnunet-publish -s -P quisquiliae -t root ./site
>
>     the -s is for trying things without actually doing nothing
>
>     "quisquiliae" is the name of an identity (or pseudonym) and the name
>     of a namespace
>
>     Now, say that in a few days I find a typo, i correct it locally so
>     the I want to update the namespace with the corrected version
>
>     How do I do that ?
>
>     I don't understand
>
>     Thanks
>

> ehm...
>
> I reiterate the question
>
> what does "update" mean in this context ?
>
> Can I overwrite a file with a newer version of itself ?
>
> Or can I only add new files ?

You can add additional files under the same _identifier_ and also inform
downloaders about the _next_ (different) identifier that will be used
for "future" versions. But it's a bit tricky, and I've always wondered
about the usability of this feature.  I was thinking of just removing it
in favor of FS URIs published in GNS.