Re: [GNUnet-developers] estimated 0.11 release or next rc?

From: Devan Carpenter [dvn]
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] estimated 0.11 release or next rc?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 13:48:28 -0800

Hi Christian,

Christian Grothoff transcribed 0.5K bytes:
> Hi Dvn,
>
> Could you please provide an update, and/or file a bug report on the
> specific open issues you see?

Yea, I'll open a ticket.

Short version: I believe we should be using Gitlab CI - I'll put my
arguments for it in the ticket.

I've already set up a bare instance of Gitlab on sam.gnunet.org.
It is running in a 'container', and is accessible on the web at
https://gitea.gnunet.org - a leftover from testing Gitea.
We should set a new subdomain, and corresponding virtual server for
`gitlab.gnunet.org`, of course, if we plan to move forward.

This is the first time anyone is hearing about this, because I have not
felt like we have come to a reasonable conclusion to the server
situation. There is a desire to move everything to firefly.gnunet.org,
but I feel that the limitations with that host have made it impractical
to use for real longterm services. (For those whom are not aware, it is
running GuixSD.) However, the praticalities of this may have changed for
me, as Guix has recently welcomed the additon of a Docker service to
their system.

Let's discuss!

Devan / dvn