Re: [GNUnet-developers] estimated 0.11 release or next rc?

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] estimated 0.11 release or next rc?
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 14:21:19 +0100

On 1/24/19 12:46 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> About one year ago we released the first release candidate for 0.11.
>
> Since no OS will ship release candidates in their official repositories,
> and I am working on support for another cross-system package manager (pkgsrc),
> and we can't expect people to have a good experience with 0.10.1
> and backporting patches is not recommended for downstream package managers,
> my question is:
>
> What's the hold-up for either the next release candidate or a proper release?
> I've read the remaining bugs filed on the bugtracker. What's missing?

The stuff from the bugtracker, which you said you read. They involve

* "finishing" the Web site migration (server setup, documentation),
* a few bugs are in feedback (reporters amatus, lynx & schanzen should
let us know if they are fixed!),
* a few known crash bugs that really ought to be fixed (most likely by
  schanzen, ch3 or me)

I would also really like to see #5363 (currently assigned to DVN) fixed
first, as having proper CI will make final release testing much more
pleasant.