Re: [GNUnet-developers] nat

From: t3sserakt
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] nat
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 10:22:16 +0100

Can you please document here what kind of "switch in the router GUI" it was for you?

On 21.01.19 10:19, Catonano wrote:

Il giorno lun 21 gen 2019 alle ore 09:47 Catonano <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Hi Kai,

thank you for your reply

Il giorno lun 21 gen 2019 alle ore 09:10 Kai A. Hiller <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Hello Catonano,

maybe you can get away without UPNP. While some routers have the option to assign the same IP to your PC, yours might not have that option.

I found the option. Yesterday I was confused. The GUI is not exactly smooth, it's translated from German, I think, and it seems they used some translation software so it's not immediately clear what menus and options are for

It seems that I could manage to set up the router to give my laptop always the same IP

In the next few days I'll try to keep reading and I'll come back here for further help and reports

Thanks !

for the sake of completeness of this thread, I found another switch in the router GUI that makes this line

upnpc -r 2086 tcp

work     ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so now Gnunet is happy

I write this because someone else could have the same router or adsl contract, somewhere in the world