[GNUnet-developers] Reverse GNS lookups, revisited

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Reverse GNS lookups, revisited
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 21:38:23 +0200

Hi,

we already had a discussion some time ago wrt reverse lookups of names.
I currently have a (usability) need, where I want to translate a PKEY back to
TLD, if possible.
After the recent changes this would involve (fora given key P):

1. Checking if a local identity matches P, if yes, return it. -> trivial
2. Check _all_ local namespaces if they contain P, if yes, return
<label>.<identity> -> requires some iterations
3. Check config file for .<label> = P, if found, return -> how the * do I do
this??

My questions:

- Does the introduction of this functionality make sense (for the GNS API) in
general?
- If yes, how to do (3.)? I would need a "reverse" lookup of the TLD
delegations from the config...

BR
Martin