Re: [GNUnet-developers] using $TMPDIR instead of /tmp

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] using $TMPDIR instead of /tmp
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 18:34:29 +0000

Christian Grothoff transcribed 2.9K bytes:
> On 05/05/2018 09:58 PM, Nils Gillmann wrote:
> > Anyways I just had some time to work on this, could you read
> > 5f627ce1a78f662d928fa6c73a90342d8bff5cf3 and tell me if I understood
> > the conversation we had here and your small commit right?
>
> Yes, you got it perfectly right.

I've changed the config files, now the problem for us in Nix and Guix
will be that the silly maximum unix path length will be hit quiet often...
at least for the Guix build chroot when the chroot is in
/tmp/guix-build-gnunet-git1.drv-0/

The $GNUNET_TMP then gives you diretories like
/tmp/guix-build-gnunet-git1.drv-0/gnunet/WAHTEVER-HERE/GOES/NOTHING
where previously they just landed in /tmp iirc.

We should make it possible to set the value of GNUNET_TMP before make check,
for example via the equivalent of export GNUNET_TMP="/tmp"; make check.

It's quiet unfortunate with the length..