Re: [GNUnet-developers] DHT documentation

From: Moritz Warning
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] DHT documentation
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2017 15:10:50 +0200

Hi,

I had a quick look without much success. But that was to be expected.
Some tcpdump will probably help. :-)

I need a DHT where I can find some peers that are 'near' a given hash.
So that requirement is very simple.
Until now I use a Kademlia DHT used for BitTorrent..

Some questions:

- what is the peer id length of the DHT?
- does participation in the DHT needs crypto routines?
- is there a (minimal?) implementation that can be used outside of th gnunet
environment?
- what is a bloom filter used in the DHT code for?
- do peers have to support get/set methods?
- what peer id metric is used (e.g. xor)?
- is the DHT protocol expected to change?

Thanks so far,
Moritz