[GNUnet-developers] OT: SCION doesn't know about DHT routing?

From: carlo von lynX
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] OT: SCION doesn't know about DHT routing?
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 20:00:54 +0200

Just in case you have heard of a swiss iniative to replace
BGP called SCION, https://www.scion-architecture.net - it,
too, is presented like a replacement for the current
Internet. I found this passage in the FAQ interesting:

> Is SCION a source-routed architecture?
>
> Source routing does not scale to the size of the
> Internet, because the source would need to know
> the entire network topology to determine paths.

Are they aware of cjdns, net2o and GNUnet which use
DHT-based source-level routing, which - if I learned
correctly from Mr G - at worst means that the Internet
needs to be partitioned into several DHTs?

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using encryption:
         http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/LynX/