Re: [GNUnet-developers] Asynchronous IO in Rust

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Asynchronous IO in Rust
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 09:14:51 +0200

Following Lurchi's lead at presenting half-baked ideas, I've pushed mine
directly into Git (but right now it doesn't _do_ anything, it's just a
sketch).  The diff is here:

https://gnunet.org/git/gnunet.git/commit/?id=d486f5da0f495d817a19efd077501c25e4eef6fa

Note that a few things have undefined semantics (ET_HUP/ERR/PRIV/NVAL)
as we need to define precisely how those map to select/poll/epoll/kqueue
to make them useful.  I took some inspiration from glib here, but maybe
we can do better.  Also, I have _no_ idea whether this will play nicely
with tokio, which is something we should discuss on Mumble (or here)
ASAP.  Once the API is reasonable, my plan is that we should implement
it for a few sufficiently diverse drivers (roughly in the order of
select, epoll, tokio, glib) and see how badly it blows up in our faces ;-).