Re: [GNUnet-developers] Reverse resolution of VPN/GNS

From: carlo von lynX
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Reverse resolution of VPN/GNS
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 14:26:17 +0100

On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 09:57:12PM +0100, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> Carlo, the paper Martin send me about this is this one:
>
> http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.131.9709&rep=rep1&type=pdf
>
> So it's neither exactly internal to the cooperation nor simple
> authentication/access control.

For as little as I am able to understand of it, given the worst
Abstract and Summary I have ever seen in a scientific paper, as
they both describe a model without abstractly explaining what
they are actually trying to do in terms that even a partially
competent person can understand, I wonder how this isn't pretty
overengineered and ivorytoweresque. What sort of problem would
this actually solve and how can you be sure that the way we are
heading is not going to be able to?

This is not a critique of the content. The mathematical model
presented could be excellent in itself, but I cannot gather how
this is doing something for the aims of GNUnet. Please enlighten
me if you can.

--
  E-mail is public! Talk to me in private using encryption:
         http://loupsycedyglgamf.onion/LynX/