Re: [GNUnet-developers] [test_transport_address_switch_tcp] Error 1

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] [test_transport_address_switch_tcp] Error 1
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 14:33:08 +0000

jah <address@hidden> writes:

> On 11/10/16 12:35, ng0 wrote:
>> Jah, are you now working on this bug? My field of expertise here is
>> not C code so I can only read, apply and run the build again. -- ng0
>
> Hi ng0,
>
> I'm no expert either. The patch I submitted in [bug-4619] seems to
> have fixed, for us both, the error you originally reported. I don't
> know whether the errors you see after applying the patch are because
> the patch is erroneous or some other reason - I haven't been able to
> reproduce those latter errors.

It does not fail because of a patch which does not apply. The patch
applies, the errors aren't fixed. I haven't applied it in my NixOS or
Gentoo systems, but I doubt that the results will differ.

> I'm not familiar with GuixSD; how straightforward do you think it
> might be for me to reproduce your environment, perhaps in a virtual
> machine?
>
> jah
>
> [bug-4619]: https://gnunet.org/bugs/view.php?id=4619

There are instructions in the Guix manual on how you can run GuixSD in a
VM[0]. All you need to do afterwards is cd to the svn/gnunet/ directory of
the svn checkout and run "guix build -f guix-env.scm".

This will give you the exact same build environment I have.
If the instructions are not clear, or you encounter problems, contact
me. In general this would be a bug on the guix-env.scm file, so it would
be okay to discuss this here too, to solve what's broken with it.

You can do this without the VM and just Guix, but you asked for the VM
way.

[0]:
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Installing-GuixSD-in-a-VM.html#Installing-GuixSD-in-a-VM
[1]: