Re: [GNUnet-developers] gentoo, last tweaks and questions

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] gentoo, last tweaks and questions
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 11:16:55 +0000

Due to bad experiences with Gentoo developers and personal resources,
the attempt to get GNUnet suite into Gentoo has been stopped.

I focus more on Guix for some time now, but GNUnet is now available
directly from within Gentoo through an overlay I contribute to. It needs
some minor fixes as outlined in the TODO file in the overlay, but
theoretically GNUnet is only 2 commands away in Gentoo and Gentoo based systems:
 layman -a youbroketheinternet
 emerge --ask net-misc/gnunet net-misc/gnunet-gtk

There's also `net-misc/gnunet-meta' as a meta package.

Just to give an update on this thread. I don't feel like posting a blog
entry on gnunet.org for that, it's not 100% finished yet (openrc service
is not fully functional).
--
♥Ⓐ  ng0
Current Keys: https://we.make.ritual.n0.is/ng0.txt