Re: [GNUnet-developers] Correction (was: plan: better descriptions and t

From: Puck
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Correction (was: plan: better descriptions and texts for gnunet.org)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:48:20 +0100

Hello Nils and the list,

thank you for your clarification.

I meant it seriously in my last mail, I really don't know as exactly as
I want, what Gnunet does and what it guarantees.

While I'm now looking at the homepage, I find a Users-guide and a
installation handbook.
But before I will use and install it, I want to know, what it does!

Sadly, I even find answers in the rest of the documentation, at least
not with acceptable effort.

For secure software, there are in the wild strict regulations, that
everything is documented, everything as an 'requirement'.
Against these requirements the software is tested.

I think, it would be good, to take this regulations as a criterion for
the quality of the software, because if the software will be used, it
will be very critical.

Because of this big gap between what is required for commercial
software and what is the state of documentation here, came my provoking
last mail.

I personally think, that the reason for the slow progress and the few
new developers of the project is the missing documentation. I wouldn't
know what to do and to implement and to test, even if I were a ninja in
developing and had plenty of time.

Thank you for your effort and I'm really interested in the results.

Greetings
Puck