[GNUnet-developers] gnunet-download --recursive

From: zPlus
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-download --recursive
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 19:34:19 +0100

I would like to request an improvement to the description of option "-R,
--recursive" of the man page for gnunet-download.

The current description is:
    download  directories  recursively  (and in parallel); note that the
URI must belong to a GNUnet directory and that the filename given must
end with a '/' -- otherwise,  only  the  file  corresponding  to  the
URI  will  be downloaded.  Note that in addition to using '-R', you must
also specify a filename ending in '.gnd' so that the code realizes  that
the  top-level  file  is  a directory (since we have no meta data).

>From the point of view of a new GNUnet user (me), it is not immediately
clear how I am supposed to choose the filename, if ending with a '/' or
with a '.gnd'. This is rather confusing. After several attempts with
various combinations, the only two that work are "dirname/.gnd" (that
creates a directory with all files plus a ".gnd" inside it), and
"dirname.gnd" (that creates a directory with all files inside plus a
"dirname.gnd" outside it). I am still not sure what the correct approach
is. I believe it will be easier to simply distinguish between
"filename" (for non-directories files) and "filename/" (for
directories), and adding -R will simply download recursively.

Or am I just plain wrong?