[GNUnet-developers] copyright assignment

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] copyright assignment
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 10:09:40 +0100

Dear all,

I have an important request, so please read this if you are (or were) a
GNUnet developer.

I would like to ask all contributors/developers to assign their
copyright on GNUnet code to "GNUnet e.V." (https://gnunet.org/ev)

The reason is that situations continue to pop up where the ability to
dual-license some code would be helpful for the project (similar to how
we added GPL+eCos to GNU libmicrohttpd in the past).  If we had the
copyright with GNUnet e.V., then at least we had a relatively small
group (the annually elected "Vorstand") representing the developers in a
position of making decisions about dual-licensing.

I am not going to try to get the explicit consent of everybody who ever
contributed 2 lines of code, but please:

1) If you consider yourself a "major" contributor and agree to the
copyright assignment, please send me a brief e-mail with an "OK".

2) If you did contribute ANY code and OBJECT to the copyright
assignment, please send me an e-mail with your objection. (Then I'll
have to figure out what to do...)

We'll have a GNUnet e.V. annual meeting on the 28th of December, where a
first proposal along these lines will need to be discussed. Thus, I'd
appreciate timely replies ;-).

Happy hacking!