Re: [GNUnet-developers] Gnurl bug

From: Jeff Burdges
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Gnurl bug
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:07:49 +0200

I went ahead and updated to 7.45.0 when fixing several issues with my
previous packaging of gnurl.

Just for posterity's sake, we're using a rebase work flow to maintain
this git repository.  It looks roughly like this :

old=7.44.0
new=7.45.0
cd ..../curl
git checkout master
git pull # origin is https://github.com/bagder/curl
git checkout -b gnurl-$new curl-$new # tag of desired version
git cherry-pick `git log $old | head -n 1 | cut -c8-`
git mergetool # Or whatever you need to fix the broken bits
git cherry-pick --continue
make clean
make autoclean
./buildconf
./configure
make
make test
make clean
git push -f taler gnurl-$new:master
git diff HEAD^ HEAD >../gnurl-$new.diff
cp -a . ../gnurl-$new
cd ..
rm -rf gnurl-$new/.git
tar cjf gnurl-$new.tar.bz2
rm -rf gnurl-$new
gpg --detach-sig gnurl-$new.tar.bz2
iceweasel https://gnunet.org/gnurl # upload them

It's obviously be nicer for anyone who clone's the repository at
address@hidden:/var/git/gnurl if we used a merge work flow, but this
seemingly prevents any confusion with the various rename operations.

We need to rerun ./buildconf and ./configure because the patches only
modify several .in files, not the files they general, which may not
even be in the upstream repository.