[GNUnet-developers] building on OpenWrt with musl

From: Daniel Golle
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] building on OpenWrt with musl
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 13:53:26 +0200

Hi!

OpenWrt recently switched from using uClibc to musl libc.
This caused a bunch of things in the GNUnet build to break, but it
was all quite easy to fix.
However, I can see that there are a bunch of GNUnet and autotools-
specific hacks which I didn't fully get my head wrapped-around yet,
which is why I simply added some patches to the OpenWrt build, see:

https://github.com/openwrt/packages/tree/master/net/gnunet/patches

It'd be great if some GNUnet devs can have a look at the patches so
we can discuss how to properly include them.

010-cross-compile-fixes.patch
don't use AC_UNALIGNED_64_ACCESS, it's unavailable when cross-compiling

011-no-fpu-includes.patch
don't #include <fenv.h>, it's specific to systems with FPU and doesn't
seem to be used anyway (?)

012-work-around-bad-workarounds.patch
gnurl on OpenWrt installs it's headers to /usr/include/gnurl rather
than /usr/include/curl to avoid colliding with existing vanilla-cURL
headers -- fix the location of the included headers in GNUnet to use
/usr/include/gnurl as well.

100-musl-malloc.patch
musl doesn't provide mallopt, thus check for __GLIBC__ before making
use of GLIBC-specific malloc features.

101-include-byteswap.patch
byteswap.h may have been implicitely included on GLIBC systems.
When building with musl it needs to be explicitely included.

Cheers

Daniel