Re: [GNUnet-developers] Google Summer of Code

From: hellekin
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Google Summer of Code
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 14:20:48 -0300

On 03/03/15 13:53, Christian Grothoff wrote:

> We (GNU) got officially accepted as a participating organization in GSOC
> 2015.
>
> Now it is time to collect more ideas and also collect information
> projects and mentors.

*** May I suggest that an simple application such as Twitter (or
Twister) over GNUnet may be a great idea for a GSoC application?

It would leverage the Social API, give a concrete entry point for many
early-adopters to start using GNUnet, and doesn't need much
functionality, making it doable within the summer time.  Taking
inspiration from Twister it could use an HTML5 interface, to inspire
coders working with GNUnet APIs for UI instead of having to mess with
GTK and low-level C code, welcoming designers at the same time.

==
hk