Re: [GNUnet-developers] scheduler patch

From: Andrew Cann
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] scheduler patch
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 12:30:02 +0800

> First of all, I cannot download the diff.

Strange, it's working from my end. Maybe my VPS was down. I've attached to this
email.

> However, more importantly,
> what do you think you get by "monitoring exceptions on file
> descriptors"?  If your patch looks at the 'except' set in 'select',
> that's for TCP urgent data, which is likely not what you want (won't
> work for files).

Yes that's all it's doing. To integrate DBus with your program's main loop you
give DBus a callback that it calls with file descriptors that it wants you to
select() for reads, writes and exceptions, then pass them back when they're
ready. DBus doesn't use out-of-band packets though so maybe I don't need to use
the except set.

There was a few places in the code though where it looked like this feature was
/supposed/ to be there but never got round to being implemented. For example
GNUNET_SCHEDULER_set_select takes a function that takes an argument for an
except set, but then only gets passed NULL. There's a few bits of code which
call GNUNET_SCHEDULER_add_select that create an except set and then destroy it
without using it.

Anyway, GNUNET_SCHEDULER_add_select can take an exception set now - if you want
it.

 - Andrew