Re: [GNUnet-developers] scheduler patch

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] scheduler patch
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 22:44:08 +0100

Hi Andrew,

First of all, I cannot download the diff.  However, more importantly,
what do you think you get by "monitoring exceptions on file
descriptors"?  If your patch looks at the 'except' set in 'select',
that's for TCP urgent data, which is likely not what you want (won't
work for files).  There might also be some W32-specific interpretation
of the 'except' set,  but that would then not be portable.  I'm really
not aware of any use for the except-set in GNUnet.

Now, maybe once I can grab the patch, all will be clear, but I'm
somewhat worried that this might not be what you want anyway...

Note that if there are errors on file-handles, those WILL be reported
via the read/write sets of 'select'.

happy hacking!

-Christian