[GNUnet-developers] Re: GNUnet-0.7.3.pot (and gnunet-gtk-0.7.3.pot & gnu

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Re: GNUnet-0.7.3.pot (and gnunet-gtk-0.7.3.pot & gnunet-qt (new) & gnunet-fuse (new))
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 09:35:20 -0700

On Sunday 23 December 2007, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Hello Christian
>
> You wrote:
> > http://gnunet.org/download/GNUnet-0.7.3.tar.gz
> > http://gnunet.org/download/gnunet-gtk-0.7.3.tar.gz
>
> Both these tarballs contained a de.po that was more recent than the
> one at the TP.  I have imported both into the TP archives, hoping
> that this will be a one time affair.  Please in the future do not
> bypass the TP, because then the TP website does not present the
> actual state of affairs and translators might redo translation work
> for nothing.
>
> If however you or Nils do wish to do the German translation directly
> in your repository, then please let me know, so I can mark 'de' as
> external.

Nils (and whoever else is working on the German translations), please take not
of this and either ask Benno to make "de" external or integrate your workflow
with the TP.

> Also see http://translationproject.org/html/maintainers.html ,
> section 2, especially the last two paragraphs.
>
> > http://gnunet.org/download/gnunet-qt-0.7.3.tar.gz
> > http://gnunet.org/download/gnunet-fuse-0.7.3.tar.gz
>
> Neither of these contain a POT file, not are they internationalized,
> as far as I can tell.  Am I overlooking something?

Hmm.  I guess I just "assumed" the the (new) qt & fuse frontends would be
internationalized (sorry, Benno).  Nils/amatus: if you need help adding
gettext support to configure for those projects, let me know.

Best,