Re: [GNUnet-developers] mac dmg

From: Jussi Eloranta
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] mac dmg
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:50:38 +0300

Hi,

On 25 May 2006, at 02:21, Christian Grothoff wrote:
Jussi Eloranta used to build binaries for OSX, back in the 0.6.x days. But AFAIK he has not yet build binaries for 0.7.x (and my poor attempts to even compile GNUnet from source on the macs at UCLA have so far always failed in rather spectacular ways). Just as with the BSD ports, it would be nice if we
had someone who would be able to maintain an OS X port. Volunteers
welcome ;-).

I have compiled the 0.7 some time ago but it does not look that I will
have any time in the near future for this (I am about to move to LA in a month or so). If you want to compile it, you need to install lots of stuff from fink. However, then you will find out that some of the fink stuff is too old for gnunet and
you would have to install new version from the source. Takes about a
day to get everything setup. If someone is willing to try to compile it,
I could answer questions etc.

Jussi