[GNUnet-developers] gnunet-gtk patch

From: Milan
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-gtk patch
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 19:10:14 +0200

I've made a little patch to the .glade file in order to made the frames
be clearer and nicer to the eye (at least in my point of view). This
idea agrees with the Gnome HIG which recommends not to use lines but
spaces to make better interfaces. I followed the way used by Sound
Juicer : no lines, but spaces and bold labels (the spacing comes from
the label Y padding).

I added some space between the controls and the borders, and I added
some alignments to make the GtkComboBoxes be only the height they need.
They were too high, and for this the text wasn't vertically centered.

Take (some of) my ideas or leave them, or tell me what to modify, but
feel free to reject them. ;-)

What would you think if I coded a way to make the tabs of the main panel
appear in the top of the window like buttons and with icons ? My idea is
to make the interface clearer showing these tabs really different from
the other levels'. This is the classic behavior of many p2p programs,
and I think it's not so bad.

--
Milan
:-:-:-:

"Libérez-vous des systèmes propriétaires... Passez à GNU/Linux"
{ www.gnu.org/home.fr.html --- www.lea-linux.org/intro/ }