Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet with embedded mysql?

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet with embedded mysql?
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 02:07:12 -0500

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 14:10, Jussi Eloranta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to compile gnunet to use embedded mysql (e.g.
> libmysqld.a)?
> I would like to use mysql but it seems kind of overkill to have
> separate server
> process for this job.

I think I would like this as an option; after all, with the sqlite stuff we're
heading in the same direction.  For the moment I have other priorities (and I
believe Igor also will probably first want to get mysql to work at all (for
0.7.0)).  But if you know how to do it with 0.6.x without changing much of
the code, a patch would be appreciated (especially if we can avoid all of the
server configuration that is required with the current solution).

Christian
p.s.: I'm not saying we should get rid of the out-of-process mysqld solution,
just _also_ having an in-process solution would be nice.