Re: [GNUnet-developers] Status of Gnunet for MacOS X

From: N. Durner
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Status of Gnunet for MacOS X
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 17:27:01 +0100

Well, it would be great if you could generate a stacktrace for this (see FAQ
on reporting bugs).

-------- Original-Message--------
Subject:        Re: [GNUnet-developers] more on shared files database
Date:   Tue, 28 Dec 2004 00:19:34 +0200
From:   Jussi Eloranta
To:     N. Durner
Referenzen: <address@hidden> <address@hidden>

On 27 Dec 2004, at 22:47, N. Durner wrote:

>> 3) May be a related issue is that I get after gnunet-inserts
>> complaints about corruption in malloc()/free().
>
> That's interesting.
> Did you run gnunetd in a debugger? Is there a stacktrace?

In gnunet-insert.c (around line 673):

if (r != NULL) {
roots[i-skip] = *r;
FREE(r);
} else {
FREE(fileNames[i]);
/* no need to go further than fileNameCount-1-skip ? */
for (j=i;j<fileNameCount-1-skip;j++)
fileNames[j] = fileNames[j+1];
skip++;
}
FREE(fileName);

and line 1037:

/* the loop extended over fileNameCount+skip - shouldn't it go only to
fileNameCount-skip instead? */
for (i=0;i<fileNameCount-skip;i++)
FREE(fileNames[i]);
FREE(fileNames);

anyway all this is not fatal but would be nice to fix.

Jussi