[GNUnet-developers] GNUnet 0.6.5 in Mac OS X

From: Daniel Alexandre
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet 0.6.5 in Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:59:16 +0000

Hi there,

I tried to installed GNUnet-0.6.5 on my Mac OS X 10.3.4 system, here's the report:

Installed only the required packages:
- GNU MP Bignum Library (4.1.4)
- libgcrypt (1.2.0)
- libgpg-error (1.0) [required by libgcrypt]

At first, configure was setup up to use BDB (don't know why though) and make couldn't find the required library's and exited with an error, after that it all went ok with the following commands:

./configure --without-bdb (success)
make (success)
make install (sucess)

The next problem occured at running the deamon, it gave me several errors, some of them refering to gdbm, which I had not installed since it was marked as an Optional package on the GNUnet web site.

sphere:~ daniel$ uname -a
Darwin sphere.local 7.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 7.6.0: Sun Oct 10 12:05:27 PDT 2004; root:xnu/xnu-517.9.4.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc
sphere:~ daniel$ sudo gnunetd -d
Dec 10 03:25:18 Failure at semaphore.c:459.
Dec 10 03:25:18 Failure at semaphore.c:459.
Dec 10 03:25:18 ERROR: 'lt_dlopenext' failed for library 'libgnunetafs_database_gdbm' at dso.c:87 with error: dlcompat: file "libgnunetafs_database_gdbm.so" not found
Dec 10 03:25:18 Failed to load database library 'gdbm'.
Dec 10 03:25:18 Failure at logging.c:301.
Abort trap
sphere:~ daniel$

I'm at this point now, successfully installed gnunet, but not able to run it. I will try tomorrow to install gdbm to see if it resolves the gdbm library load error. I'll report ASAP.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Alexandre (address@hidden) - http://student.dei.uc.pt/~dfcruz PGP Public Key: http://pgp.dei.uc.pt:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x0415DCB8