Re: [GNUnet-developers] Music insertion

From: Milan
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Music insertion
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:51:22 +0100

N. Durner a écrit :
Hi,

To find precisely the music files and albums, I use keywords like
<title:>foo or <encoding:>ogg.

There's a request for a date field (Mantis #789), too.
Perhaps we should put all the meta-data into an extensible format with certain fixed and well-known fields (the ones you mentioned) in GNUnet 0.7.

Yeah, it was my first idea, but it seems more likely to be a work for 0.6.7... We could use a struct containing the keyword and an identifier like libextractor's standardized KeywordType.

A nice feature would be a way to get keywords from the file to show more information about it. For example : I search songs by artist "led Zeppelin", and GNUnet founds 10 files. We should be able to show encoding, album, year... from the file identifier. I though using Description in a standardized way to be able to get information from it, but it's not so usable.

This question also works with thumbnails.

So, should I code using the current features or should I think about GNUnet 0.6.7 and libextractor 0.7 ? (this depends on what time will I need and when new versions will be available)

Current features means :

 * storing as said previously information in keywords
 * using Description to store and find this data
 * using user locale to store keywords

I have thought about a module for libExtractor that converts special national characters to an alternative representation. For example, the German umlauts ä, ö and ü can be written as ae, oe and ue. Is there a similiar rule for other characters like "ç" (c cedille)? This would be a solution to the problem that I usually don't know how to type these chars using a foreign keyboard layout.
ç hasn't another way to write it, but we can write "œ" oe : this is an error, but it's easier to write. The same thing happen with accents, like é è à ù, that we forget sometimes. Note that CDDB does write correctly all this, so ID3 tags should be right.

Oh, and I have a little problem using libextractor to get filename from a KeywordList with :
char * filename;
filename = EXTRACTOR_extractLast (EXTRACTOR_FILENAME, KeywordList);

This work for all other keywordtypes, but filename is empty after this.
I load extractors with getExtractors() fonction in gnunet_afs_esed2.h

--
Milan
:-:-:-:

"Libérez-vous des systèmes propriétaires... Passez à GNU/Linux"
{ www.gnu.org/home.fr.html --- www.lea-linux.org/intro/ }