Re: [GNUnet-developers] Music insertion

From: N. Durner
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Music insertion
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 23:56:07 +0100

Hi,

To find precisely the music files and albums, I use keywords like
<title:>foo or <encoding:>ogg.

There's a request for a date field (Mantis #789), too.
Perhaps we should put all the meta-data into an extensible format with certain fixed and well-known fields (the ones you mentioned) in GNUnet 0.7.

Is this a problem or not ?

Rather not.

Other question : are keywords in UTF-8 ?

Not yet. It's planed for 0.7.

And which encoding does
libextractor use ?

Plain ASCII using your locale.

In other words : should I convert keywords before
inserting them ?

It doesn't make too much sense at the moment.

I have thought about a module for libExtractor that converts special national characters to an alternative representation. For example, the German umlauts ä, ö and ü can be written as ae, oe and ue. Is there a similiar rule for other characters like "ç" (c cedille)? This would be a solution to the problem that I usually don't know how to type these chars using a foreign keyboard layout.

   Nils