Re: [GNUnet-developers] Problems with the latest Debian package

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Problems with the latest Debian package
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:18:31 -0500

On Tuesday 12 October 2004 11:50, Marcos D. Marado Torres wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> In Debian:
>
> address@hidden:~# apt-show-versions gnunet
> gnunet/testing uptodate 0.6.4a-2
> address@hidden:~# gnunetd
> libgcrypt has not the expected version (version 1.3.0-cvs is required).
> Failure at at logging.c:297.
> Aborted
> address@hidden:~# apt-show-versions libgcrypt1
> libgcrypt1/testing uptodate 1.1.12-8
> address@hidden:~#
>
> Shouldn't the gnunet Debian package use libgcrypt1 1.3.0-cvs as a
> dependency, or something like that?

Either that, or rather I'd keep compiling it against 1.2.0 if at all possible
(since we don't need 1.3.x, especially not before it's released!). That
should make the binary compatible with any version above 1.2.0 (at least I
hope so; the specific version check code is part of libgcrypt).  It does not
work the other way round (compile against 1.3, link against 1.2 does not
work). Note that the 'expected version' statement is printed as 1.3.0-cvs
because that was the libgcrypt version that the Debian maintainer compiled
the binary against.  It does not mean that this is what the GNUnet sources
require.