Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet 0.6.3 released

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNUnet 0.6.3 released
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:10:26 +0530

On Tuesday 03 Aug 2004 11:34 am, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> At various stages i revieved the following messages
>
> protocol number advertised (1) does not match any known protocol.
> protocol number advertised (12) does not match any known protocol.
> protocol number advertised (23) does not match any known protocol.

1 is NAT (you should load the NAT protocol), 12 and 23 are IPv6, so its
perfectly normal that your peer may not support these.

> Opening http://gnunet.cryss.net in a web browser gives a message (in
> german) and a link to http://shell.franken.de/~dg1nsw/gnunet/ should
> this be the url in HOSTLISTURL ?

Seems that hostlist is down, it should be removed from the default
configuration.  This in part explains why it takes so long for you to connect
-- one out of three attempts to get a hostlist fails (plus the bug in
gnunet-update that effectively put your node back to square one in terms of
learning about peers).

I'll run some extra checks to see if gnunet-update works and then put out
0.6.3a tonight or tomorrow.