Re: [GNUnet-developers] debian apt-get install (config file?)

From: Christian Schulte
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] debian apt-get install (config file?)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:15:57 +0900

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:40:03 +1000
Glenn McGrath <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 02:29:55 +0900
> Christian Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> >   My friend uses Debian and just installed GNUnet via apt-get.
> > Now we had problems to find the user-tools config file which should
> > later be in ~/.gnunet/gnunet.conf Isnt it installed somewhere in
> > /etc/skel ?
>
> files in /etc/skel are only copied when accounts are created, so putting
> files in /etc/skel sint going to help existing users.
>
> Automatically generating it is a much prefered method.

I know that they are only copied and i had to do that myself the first time
(v0.6.1c).
But putting out this message when calling the tools for the first time doesnt
make me realize that i need to create a .gnunet/ in my home directory.

Configuration file must specify a directory for GNUnet to store per-peer data
under GNUNET_HOME Apr 12 18:53:51 __BREAK__ at logging.c:240 Aborted

It should really be done "automatically" if it wants to be user friendly.

Anyways it will be fixed .. thanx Christian :)