[GNUnet-developers] speed/load problem while inserting files with gnunet

From: Christian
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] speed/load problem while inserting files with gnunet-insert
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 02:44:12 +0900

 Hi,

I found some messages about inserting files and speed in basically. Now i dont really care how long it takes to index a file completely but i want to be able to work on my machine even when i index files bigger than a few hundred kB. The point is that after processing 300-500kB the machine hangs for a moment cause of the disk load. (its quite noisy also :) Maybe its just my dumb slow laptop-ide drive but it makes it difficult to share lots of content for me.

It is clear to me that indexing lets say 100Mb takes its time anyway so why not do it relaxed in the background without stressing the system. Something like reading 100kB and waiting a second for diskcache and other applications. I looked at the code myself to have a quick fix for myself but i am not exactly clear where i could start. It looks like those nodes call themselfs recursively to get inserted, right?
So should i go for it myself or is it a 20min fix for someone or...?
Or is that a stupid idea anyway?