Re: [GNUnet-developers] Patch for network load measurement

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Patch for network load measurement
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:26:41 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Hendrik Pagenhardt wrote:

> - Upstream control works be looking at the load and then decide whether
> a message of a certain priority can be sent. If the priority is greater
> than 2500 it is always sent. I don't know whether is is an unusual high
> priority, but it seems suspect.

I have an intuitive feeling that atleast in the case of local
requests the node can currently generate unreasonably high
priorities (which will very likely also look suspicious
to the receivers - this issue might have serious consequences).

Christian is likely to have a more accurate view on this.

Igor