Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-gtk crashes

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet-gtk crashes
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:01:03 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Tom Barnes-Lawrence wrote:

> mneh, I suppose that must be true, but I still generally avoid using CVS.
> Remind me, the current CVS version now uses 2 separate config files, does
> it have other changes, eg to the directory heirarchy, data formats,etc
> that I'd need to know about first?

My humble and inconsequental opinion is that the gnunet project
has failed to produce an entirely satisfying release version, ever.
Or if it has, I can't remember the occasion. :) Maybe someday.
The current situation is that 0.6.0a has some serious problems,
and everyone would be better off with the current CVS version. Of
course this recommendation can't be made general - the CVS might
be totally blasted any day. :)

> For that matter, any chance of a new release version some time soon, or
> is that not on the cards?

Perhaps not up to me, but there's at least a few good reasons
for a new release... Maybe for Christmas? Have you boys and girls
been good, eh?!

> THOUGHT: I'm using Glibc 2.2.5;
> Is ANYBODY else using that version, and if so, are they getting these
> address@hidden segfaults in gnunet-gtk or not?
> (WAVES TO ANYONE ELSE ON THE LIST WHO MIGHT BE READING)

I just tried on debian/stable which seems to use 2.2.5. I had
no gnunet-gtk problems in repeatedly searching and downloading
content. My own setup uses 2.3.2 and it has no problems either...

Igor