Re: [GNUnet-developers] MYSQL optimization

From: Igor Wronsky
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] MYSQL optimization
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:47:38 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Hendrik Pagenhardt wrote:

> content. So I came up with the following:

Sounds interesting. On a quick look it seems to require
4.x mysql. A quick poll, how many of the users has
pressing reasons staying on 3.x line? If there's none,
and your method really is faster, I see no reason for
not adopting it.

> preferred), but I think it should suffice for the purpose. If there is a
> conceptual error in this approach I'll gladly discuss it.

If you have extra time, you might try to iterate the routine on a
real-life database and plot the distribution and see how flat it
turns out. ;)

> the other buckets. This should reduce those queries by a factor of
> bucket number. When I come up with an implementation suggestion, I will
> post it here.

Thanks!

Igor